Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Hasepoyo

World

Three dead, two missing under Belgium school collapse, Europe News & Top Stories


BRUSSELS (AFP) – Three construction workers were confirmed dead and two still missing on Saturday (June 19), a day after a school construction site partially collapsed in the Belgian city of Antwerp.

The city’s fire department tweeted that three bodies had been found under the rubble.

“Despite this terrible toll, the rescue work continues unabated until we are also able to free the two remaining missing persons,” it said.

Two of the dead were from Portugal and Romania, police told local media.

The nationality of the third dead worker was not clear. Rescuers had said when three people were still missing that they were looking for two more Portuguese and one Russian.

Nine others were injured in the incident on Friday afternoon. The school was still under construction so no students were present.

The cause of the collapse was not known.

King Philippe of Belgium was expected to visit the scene on Saturday.





Source link

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

U.S.

The leader of a small hard-line party says he will try to form a unity government with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s opponents. Sunday’s...

Sports

Philippines’ Elreen Ann Ando competes in the women’s 64kg weightlifting competition during the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games at the Tokyo International Forum in Tokyo...

Politics

WASHINGTON — The U.S. military conducted a drone strike against Shabab fighters in Somalia on Friday, the second attack in a week since the...

Tech

The woman who led the design of Bumble’s dating app in the run-up to the company’s February initial public offering is joining Twitter Inc.,...

Copyright © 2020 ZoxPress Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.